Flu Season 2020 - Important information for our patients
To ensure your safety and that of our staff, we will be managing our flu clinics slightly differently this year due to the continuing covid pandemic.
The government has announced that more people will be eligible for flu vaccination this year, including; household contacts of previously shielded patients, Year 7 school children (aged 11 on 31st August 2020), and health and social care workers. Eligible primary school children and Year 7 children will be offered the vaccination through their schools’ vaccination programme.
From 1st December the vaccination programme will be extended to include everyone aged 50-64.
Please book online here for our clinic on Saturday 12th December.
If you don't have a log in or you need an appointment on a different day please call us on 01395 232509
How our vaccination programme will work this year
Flu clinics for patients aged 65 or over and/or have chronic conditions (eg Asthma, Diabetes) will be held in October & November. These are not drop in sessions, only patients with an appointment will be vaccinated.
Saturday 3rd October - Aged 65 & Over
Saturday 17th October - any eligible patient
We are also running clinics on weekdays throughout October for those aged 65 & over and throughout November for Under 65's
Please click here to book your appointment. If you do not have a login for online services please call us on 01395 232509
Guidance when attending your appointment
When attending for your vaccination it is very important that you follow all the guidance below:
- If you are unwell on the day of your appointment, please do not attend. Please contact us a few days later to be re-booked.
- Please wear loose clothing suitable to allow quick and easy access to your upper arm for vaccination. (No long sleeves).
- Please attend alone if possible.
- Please wear a face covering.
- Try and bring as few items/bags as possible with you.
- Please arrive at the time of your appointment.
- Wherever possible please walk to the surgery
- For patient safety and to avoid congestion, if you do need to drive please park elsewhere and walk the remainder of the journey.
Please help us to keep you, other patients and our staff safe by following all of this guidance
Published: Aug 27, 2020