Zero Tolerance Policy
We all have bad days, and when we feel ill we may feel 'down' and a little more irritable than normal. All our staff are here to help you. Reception staff are following procedures that help the practice to function efficiently. Staff have the right to work in a safe and secure environment and we, as employers, have the legal responsibility to provide that safe and secure environment.
The practice will not tolerate:
- Verbal abuse to staff which prevents them from doing their job or makes them feel unsafe.
- Threats of violence or actual violence to a GP or a member of his or her staff.
- Using bad language or swearing at practice staff and other service users.
- Unnecessarily persistent or unrealistic service demands that cause disruption.
- Verbal, non-verbal and environmental slights, snubs and insults which communicate hostile, derogatory or negative messages.
- Behavious that target a person based on their protected charateristic or belonging to a marginalised group. (Intentional or unintentional and are based on biases either conscious and unconscious.)
The GPs have the right to remove from their list with immediate effect any patient who behaves in the above manner.
Zero Tolerance Statement
As a Practice we are very aware that health related issues can at times be stressful and concerning for patients. We continually strive to meet patient expectations and deliver the highest possible standards of healthcare.
We wish this Practice to be a safe place for our patients, visitors and staff, and we ask for your full co-operation in achieving this. The surgery Team at times works under extreme pressure, the reasons for which may not always be apparent, and we ask that you are considerate of this.
Any form of aggressive or violent behaviour towards staff or visitors will not be tolerated under any circumstances. This includes:
- Any form of physical abuse, including threatening or intimidating behaviour
- Verbal abuse including shouting, swearing, insults and threats
Should any member of the Team be subjected to any form of abuse, the Partners and management will strongly support them in seeking appropriate redress. In such circumstances, consideration will be given to taking action against the perpetrator. A significant incident may result in placement on NHS England’s “Violent Patient Scheme”, exclusion from the premises and possible legal action. The Police will be called in all cases of violence.
The Partners retain the right to remove patients from their lists, such that the Practice will cease to provide any further healthcare.
Our policy, which is in line with the rest of the NHS, has the full support of the local Clinical Commissioning Group and Devon and Cornwall police
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.