Let's talk about sex
- Contraception can help to prevent unwanted pregnancy and some sexually transmitted infections (STIs). There are 12 types of contraception to choose from depending on you, your lifestyle and the type of sex you are having.
- For free condoms, join the Devon C-Card scheme.
Emergency contraception is used to prevent unwanted pregnancy when your usual method of contraception has failed. Some examples are:
- You forgot to take your pill
- The condom split
- You weren’t able to use any type of contraception
You can get emergency contraception from any Devon Sexual Health Clinic, most pharmacies and your GP. It is important that you get it as soon as possible after the sexual intercourse.
Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) Screening
- Devon Sexual Health Clinic (Sidwell Street, Exeter) provides STI testing and treatment. You can book an appointment by calling 0300 303 3989.
- They also have a drop-in clinic for young people <18yrs on Tuesday 4pm-6pm that you do not need to book.
Chlamydia is one of the most common STIs in the UK. It is passed on through unprotected sex and is particularly common in teenagers and young adults. It's recommended that you get tested every year or when you change sexual partner.
- Anyone under age 25 can register for a FREE home Chlamydia test.
- If you test positive you will need to be seen at the surgery or a sexual health clinic.
Termination of Pregnancy
Patients can self-refer to MSI Choices services without the need for a GP appointment. They have a 24/7 confidential telephone line
- They aim to provide initial consultations within 48 hours.
- Their Exeter clinic is located at St Leonards Practice, Athelstan Road, Exeter, EX1 1SB.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.