Did You Know...
...as much as £5.5 million is wasted each year in Devon on unused medicines?
The same amount could pay for approximately:
- 730 heart bypass operations
- or 1,000 hip replacements
- or 2,235 knee replacements
- or 10,720 cataract operations
You can help us use this NHS money in Devon more wisely:
- Look at your supplies – order only the items that you need.
- Listen to the advice from your doctor or nurse and take all medicines as instructed on the label.
- Tell your doctor or nurse if your medicines are not agreeing with you or you have stopped taking them.
- Using the counterfoil of the prescription, tick only the medicines you need, and remember “tick in haste – medicines waste.”
- Open your bag of medication while at the dispensary. If you have items not requested, or surplus to your needs for the next month, please return these before leaving. Even if you never open them, once they have left the dispensary, returned medicines cannot be re-issued to another patient.